|Milk chocolate fondue from Haagen Dazs|
This week I took a day off work as my thanksgiving day. I travelled into London (I do this every day so it's not a big deal!) and went for lunch. I sat and read my diary over lunch. I wrote a summary of what I've achieved
- started teaching at the London Jewellery School
- completed my PGDip in Academic Practice with a merit
- won best paper presentation for the second year in a row at my university
- was commissioned to make jewellery for well known people
- had a piece of jewellery worn by an actress in a BBC interview
- was a co-author for a published journal article
- attended a masterclass run by Terry Kovalcik and learnt to make a box pendant
- learnt how to make wire wrapped jewellery, knit cables and read knitting patterns
- ran my first market stall
Then I went to the Haagen Dazs cafe and ordered a chocolate fondue! I've always wanted to try one and I thought that my own thanksgiving day should be the day! It is meant for two people but I did my best with it!
I wrote down all the places that I still seem to be stuck (it's interesting to read a year of diary entries in one sitting and see the same themes over and over) and then some goals for the coming year.
I have some things planned in for 2013 already and I am looking forward to
- teaching more classes for the London Jewellery School
- attending a masterclass with Anna Mazon
- attending the first Rio Rewards PMC certification course to be taught in the UK with Patrik Kusek
- building up my jewellery practice
A very enjoyable day to myself. It was great to take time out to treat myself, celebrate what I've achieved and to look forward to the coming year.