Saturday, 26 November 2016

Fingerprints and handprints - teaching silver clay jewellery classes this week

Silver handprint pendant, London Jewellery School
It's been a fun week teaching some more advanced silver clay classes. First up was Prints and Drawings in Metal Clay at the London Jewellery School. This one day class is about making photopolymer plates featuring your own designs, drawings, child's drawings, hand prints, paw prints etc. The photopolymer plate can then be used as a mould to make silver clay jewellery.
We had a lot of fun trying out our own drawings, printed images and taking our handprints! Unfortunately this class won't be running anymore at the London Jewellery School but I am happy to do it as a private tuition.


Fingerprint jewellery, London Jewellery School
I then also taught a fingerprint jewellery class at the London Jewellery School. This also uses silver clay. We looked at a couple of ways to take fingerprints, how to use letter stamps and carve letters into the clay to make some lovely finished pieces. 
I also advised about setting up a fingerprint jewellery business either online or with friends and family.


It's been a busy week but I've had fun! It was also lovely to get some great feedback after the fingerprint course. I love my job and I'm so glad my students get a lot out of attending classes with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...