Sunday, 28 July 2013

Do what you can with what you have where you are

'Do what you can with what you have where you are' is one of my favourite sayings. I don't always live it though! I often think, oh I need some more supplies to work on that jewellery project so I'll have to wait. So I won't be creative that day. But when I do take the time to look at what I have and play around with it I find that I make something different, have a new idea. 
I was very inspired by Phil Hansen's TED talk which you can view below. He is an artist who developed a tremor in his hand while in art school. He was devastated and felt that this meant that he couldn't become an artist. After a long time coming to terms with this he decided to 'embrace the shake' and focus on what he could do. And the art that he continues to create by giving himself limits is just amazing. 
The talk is just ten minutes long and could give you a new perspective on creativity so have a look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...