Friday, 5 April 2013

Leather silver clay cuff masterclass with Lisa Barth

I was very fortunate to be able to attend Lisa Barth's masterclass in making a leather silver clay cuff this week at Craftworx studio, Yorkshire. I am vegetarian so didn't want to use leather but I am very interested in the technique so I brought a faux leather along to try out.
Lisa is an inspiring teacher who focuses on design decisions and I really enjoyed talking with her. I was staying in the same B&B as her and enjoyed our discussions at breakfast. I was also lucky enough to be shown the stone set pieces she brought along and have now bought her book 'Designing from the Stone' (which is available from Amazon).


I found the class very inspiring. I was disappointed with the faux leather I had brought along as it looked very plasticky compared to the beautiful pieces being created by my fellow students.
However, I really enjoyed learning the techniques and got a lot out of the class. I have already
sourced some more authentic faux leather and suede (I hope!) and look forward to finishing off the pieces I started during the class. I will, of course, post photos here on the blog when they're finished.

Here are some photos I took during the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...