Skip to main content

Recommending Craftcast

Craftcast
There are a number of really excellent online resources now for learning to craft. I really want to recommend Alison Lee's Craftcast. I have now purchased two recordings from Craftcast and have subscribed to the free podcast via itunes. You can also virtually attend classes and then ask questions as you would in any class. I haven't done this yet because the time difference has meant that they are normally in the middle of the night for me here in the UK! I do know that some students from the UK and Europe do virtually attend the live sessions but I am happy with the recordings and a good nights sleep!
It is so great to be able to get real value out of them, they are packed full of hints and tips. I love that I can  download them, unlike some online services, and watch them as many times as I like! Being able to watch it again may make it better than physically attending a real class!

The two recordings I have purchased (so far!) are

Copyright Donna Penoyer
Donna Penoyer's A Parade of Earrings to make in metal clay. There are so many projects, hints and tips here it's brilliant.








I made this pendant based on what I have learnt and I love than I can continue to watch the recording as many times as I like as I have been able to download it.










Copyright Terry Kovalcik
I have also purchased Terry Kovalcik's Painting and Sculpting using PMC paste. Terry is coming to the UK in a few months for a couple of masterclasses

The podcast series has been excellent. I have downloaded previous podcasts and listen to them on my way to work. Alison reviews books and interviews really interesting artists and creatives. There's always something inspiring to take away from this. It was the first place I'd heard of Christine Kane and I am now completing her Uplevel your Life programme.

Comments

  1. Hi Anna,
    So happy to hear you love the classes on craftcast.com
    I see you went to the Mid Cornwall School. I'm a big fan of the school and of Lisa Cain's as well.
    :)
    Alison Lee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver clay on the BBC

If you are reading this blog then you probably already know that I make jewellery with a material called metal clay. It's not a well known material so I was really pleased to see it featuring on a programme on BBC1. The programme is called Countryfile and a metal clay artist called Emma Mitchell was featured, interviewed by Anita Rani. Emma talked about the mental health benefits of getting out into the countryside and getting inspiration from nature and natural surroundings. They picked leaves and other natural materials and used them to make moulds and silver jewellery. It's fantastic that silver clay was featured on TV as it raises awareness of the material. The metal clay world is quite small but I haven't met Emma yet although she is also teaching at the Y ou Can Make It metal clay conference in March so I am looking forward to meeting her there. You can watch the programme here on the BBC iplayer until 6th March 2018 (but only if you're in the UK unfortun

Ring a month theme for February 2019

I've been overwhelmed by the number of people being inspired by the Ring A Month challenge. At the time of writing, we have 351 members in the Facebook group and 300 followers on Instagram. If you'd like to join in there's still time! Facebook group  https://www.facebook.com/groups/makearingamonth/ Instagram  https://www.instagram.com/ringamonth/ I have decided to announce the theme for the coming month a week before the start of the month. This is to give people time to think about their designs, particularly those that are busy and have a lot to fit in. The theme for February 2019 is .... music and lyrics Here are some ideas to get you thinking about how to interpret the theme Be inspired by A song/piece of music you love A specific lyric from a song  A style of music e.g. classical, metal, rap, funk etc A musical An instrument/s Music artwork (CD/LP sleeve or music video) A concert you went to (or wish you went to!) A music festival Choose a

Business matters article for Making Jewellery magazine

As part of my role for the London Jewellery School I've been writing the Business Matters column in Making Jewellery magazine for six months now. We've been doing an interview series with jewellers on different aspects of jewellery business. However, this month I am actually featured! I wrote an article on getting press coverage which would be relevant for all small businesses. The magazine is available from Smiths and larger supermarkets so do check it out! It's issue 116, March 2018. This image is shared with permission, copyright GMC publications