Monday, 13 June 2011

London Jewellery Week 2011

Hatton Garden festival 2011
It was London Jewellery week last week. I've not been before but I thought I would go this year. I was nearly put off by the heavy showers and the tube engineering works but I'm glad I persevered!
There was a lot going on in different locations. I went to Hatton Garden first. It was pretty busy considering the weather. The main street was filled with stalls selling jewellery, food, drink, beads - lots of interesting things. I really loved the town crier who was ringing his bell and shouting (probably crying is the correct term!) next to the latest demonstration. A really helpful touch.
There were some things for kids to do - a big pirate ship to climb on which looked fun. There were also some tables where you could try things out. I liked that idea.

I then went on to the main event - Treasure which was at Victoria House near Holborn. This was an amazing exhibition of so many artists. I absolutely loved floating around looking at all the beautiful work. I'm sure most of the designers did jewellery design at university and I envy that investment in time.  I'll get there, just a bit more slowly!
It was definitely worth going. Very inspiring.

Below are some of my favourite discoveries from Treasure.

Sarah Eyton designs

Loved the cuffs by Sarah Eyton and really enjoyed chatting to her. I bought one in purple!







Sarah Herriot designs
I saw Sarah Herriot once again (saw her at Craft Central) and couldn't resist a pair of earrings this time! I love her style








Sheila McDonald

I was surprised not to see more enamellers. Sheila McDonald's work was very interesting







Sian Bostwick

Love Sian Bostwick's simple but effective design with butterflies and flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...